We are more than just a mentoring program. Boys to Men Mentoring Network is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation created to guide boys 12-17 through their passage to manhood.
Our vision is groups of men regularly meeting with boys in the communities in which they both live, offering support and encouragement while having a lot of fun.
Our mission is to help every boy become the man they want to be.
We bring good men, mentors and role models into boy’s lives.
We teach and model integrity, accountability, character, compassion and respect.
We create community.
We are seeking to build Community and School based mentoring groups. If you are interested in helping start one near your home please contact Frank Manfre, Executive Director at 404-213-5795.
Many seem to have lost the knowledge that boys just don't automatically become men. It doesn't happen by itself, like a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly. Human males are hard-wired to need the guidance, mentorship, and honoring by healthy older men... in order to become the man their individual natures intend for them to be. When a boy doesnt' get enough of these (or none at all), he is fated to wander in his boyhood for a very long time... until he recognizes what's been absent and takes action.
The challenge for boys in today's world is greater than ever.
• Divorce rates are over 50%
• Over 40% of families are single parent with mom as head of the household
Boys have too few positive role models and far too many negative examples of masculinity. Gangs, drugs, Internet pornography, and teen pregnancies compound this critical time in a young man's life. Too many good boys get caught up in a path they may not have chosen if they had a mentor to help see options, weigh consequences and make positive choices.
And everyday he is faced with choices he may have to live with for the rest of his life.
How might your life have been different if you had...
• Someone you could confide in.
• An adult who cared about you.
• A Mentor who could help you make the right choices for yourself.
Our program gives each boy a chance to decide what kind of man he wants to be.
We give boys hope, support and guidance. We help them become good men.
Imagine Boy Scouts, Big Brothers, and Outward Bound combined. We provide a complete program with community (Boy Scouts), mentoring (BigBrothers), and a Rite of Passage adventure (Outward Bound) that serves both boys and men.
1. Reclaim Your Teenage Fire Mentor Training –This experiential training gives men a new perspective on mentoring boys.
2. Rites of Passage Adventure (ROPA) Weekend –This is a powerful weekend for both boys and men. It is a bonding experience that creates trust, respect and builds close connections between boys and their Mentors.
3. Ongoing Group Mentoring –Boys and their Mentors meet regularly. Our boys and Mentors spend more time together on a Boys to Men Weekend than a typical mentor program provides in six months.
Read more about our successes in: Program Evaluation
...and read some real-life miracle stories: